CONFOCAL MICRO LASER RAMAN SPECTROMETERgiionlineadmin
With the advent of lasers which give intense monochromatic coherent light beam, Raman spectroscopy has evolved into a very powerful tool to quickly identify molecules in different substances and minerals.
Raman shift gives the vibrational spectrum of the substance. In the case of crystalline solids, like coloured, opaque gemstone and diamonds it gives complete information about the structure , therefore Raman spectrum can be used as fingerprint in the identification of crystalline substances and its molecular constituents.
Raman spectroscopy is one of the most versatile techniques which can indicate the most important and characteristic peaks for various minerals. Many a times, especially when the minerals are in tough form or set in jewellery. It is very difficult to measure the gemological properties to concussively identify the gem minerals. In such cases Raman Spectra are of immense help to distinguish the minerals of different varieties by their characteristic peaks.
Following are some of the broad applications of Laser Raman Spectroscopy in gem identification:
- IDENTIFICATION OF ALL TYPES OF GEM MATERIALS
- IDENTIFICATION OF DIAMONDS & ITS SIMULANTS
- IDENTIFICATION OF BLACK DIAMONDS
- IDENTIFICATION OF HPHT TREATED & IRRADIATED DIAMONDS
- IDENTIFICATION OF THE INCLUSIONS FOR ORIGIN DETERMINATION
- IDENTIFICATION OF NATURAL & SYNTHETIC EMERALD
- IDENTIFICATION OF HEAT TREATED MADAGASCAR RUBIES & PINK SAPPHIRES
- IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFUSION TREATED BLUE SAPPHIRES
- IDENTIFICATION OF NATURAL,RECONSTRUCTED AND DYED CORAL